Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Melody DeCamp
Hello! Welcome to Campbell Savona's Special Education Department!
My name is Melody DeCamp and I am the Director of Special Education at C-S. I have had the opportunity to serve students in Campbell-Savona for over 15 years! I began my career at C-S in 2006 as an elementary special education teacher. I continue to strive to provide our students with disabiltiies the best educational opportunities possible to meet their indiidual needs while preparing them for life in college or career pathways.
Personally, I am from Lindley, NY and attended school in Corning Painted Post for my entire educational career. I then attended SUNY Cortland, SUNY Corning Community College, Mansfield University, and SUNY Brockport to earn the degrees which led to my NYS certifications in education. I am married and have two beautiful children, Kolston (9) and McKinley (7). Both of my children attend Campbell-Savona Elementary School and have fallen in love with our school community. Although we currently reside in Corning, NY, my husband and I have purchased land in Savona with hopes of building our family home within our magestic school district.
My Role at C-S includes:
- Supervising our special education programs
- Oversee the implementation of all student IEPs and 504s in grades K-12
- Oversee the CPSE process for preschool students ages 3-5
- Facilitate professional development for teachers, faculty, and staff
- Supervise specail education teachers and teaching assistants
- Support parents/guardians who have questions about our special education and 504 processes and procedures
- Supervise school psychologist and CPSE/CSE/504 chairperson
- Coordinate homeschool student documentation
- Manage and supervise the school health offices
Thank you for taking the time to check out our department webpage! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!